Do you want to know how to delete the Cash App account? There is nothing wrong if you have made your mind to no longer use the Cash App account and deactivate it. Cash App allows users to delete the account and users are free to make their own decision and stop using it. There do not need to pay any penalties for deleting the Cash App account.
There are so many users who wonder about how to deactivate Cash App account if you are one among them you need to read this article. And before you go straight and directly delete the Cash App from your phone. You need to know some of the basics of this app.
There are two simple methods that can help you to delete the Cash App account. You have the choice either to delete a Cash App account on the mobile or do it on the official website. No matter which method you choose for deactivating the Cash App account the end result would be that you will delete the account successfully.
Things to consider before deleting a Cash App account:
Before you proceed to delete the Cash App Account you must remember the following things:
- You need to clear all the pending payments from your Cash App account and you won’t be allowed to delete the account if there are any pending direct deposits or payments on your account.
- After deleting your Cash App account, you will not be able to access the payment history of your account. So, it is required that you download all the payment history from your account before deactivating it.
- You should also disable the Cash App card before you deactivate the account. Because the account deactivation process may take around 2-3 days so you need to disable the card before this time period for security reasons.
How to delete a Cash App account on the phone?
To delete the Cash App account there are some required steps that you need to take. You can easily delete the Cash App account on android or iPhone by taking these steps:
- Open the Cash App account on your mobile phone
- On the right side hit on the profile icon
- And at the bottom of the screen click the “Cash Support” tab.
- Here you need to choose the “something else” from the available options.
- After this select the “Account Setting” button and then hit on the “Close Account” option’
- Mention the reason for deleting the Cash App account then continue
How do I delete my Cash App account on PC?
You can also deactivate the Cash App account on the web browser also by taking these steps:
- Visit the Cash App official website on your PC web browser
- Log into your account and select the account settings option.
- Here choose the “Delete Account” or “Deactivate Account” option.
- Select the reason for deleting the Cash App account
- Enter the verification code then confirm.
Q: Can I delete a Cash App transaction?
A: No, once a transaction has been successfully transferred from your account it is not possible to delete it due to security reasons.
Q: How do I re-open a Cash App account once I deleted it?
A: If you have deleted the Cash App account then it is not possible to reopen. You will have to create a new account on Cash App.
Q. In how many hours my Cash App account will be closed?
Q: Usually, a Cash App account is deactivated within 24 hours however sometimes it can longer period of time. You need to contact the Cash App customer service number if your account has not been closed even after making a request for it.
Q: Will I get my money back after deactivating the Cash App account?
A: Yes, you will get the remaining money from your Cash App account after deactivating it.
One thought on “How to Delete the Cash App Account?”
Sherri Woods says:
I believe someone may be using old and maybe even my new cash app cards…I have t got my newest one thru the mail yet…you see I’m 64 years old and my son Christopher Woods got me started on one few years back..thing is my phone has been stolen several times and I couldn’t remember my phone r emails…also someone has been trying to get my widows pension and got my direct express locked up, thou I have satisfied the SS , direct express still holds my money…my identity was stolen, and boy have I had a hard time. It cost me a fortune every month just to get a ride to cash my check and get a few groceries..and several people said they’d help me get my direct express unlocked…I’ve played several people to help me, Sherrie Viger I paid over $500, but at least I got my birth certificate…I’ve lived with several people who said they would help me, but did not…I can’t get ahead..between whoever stole my identity, direct express, and the hardship of getting my ID, if it hadn’t been for God I’d never have made it…I hate that people have had to become numbers..