Online money transfer or receiving payment is a necessity in this digital world. The world is moving towards a paperless society where most of the services are online. The Cash App is also one such app in the digital payment world, which is providing enormous services to people. A Cash App user has access to different services like online money transfer, payment receiving, Cash App debit card, and direct deposit on Cash App.
Cash App has the most user-friendly interface and users can initiate fund transfer or bill payments effortlessly. Users can also enable the direct deposit feature to receive paychecks directly on the Cash App. Sometimes, users want to modify the information on Cash App such as phone number, address, debit card, and Bank, etc.
These changes can be made easily, as Cash App allows any type of changes in respect of Cash App account. More details about how one can change the account details on Cash App have been given in this article below.
How do I Change Debit Card on Cash App?
Cash App allows its users to change or modify the account information including bank or debit card. The users can use one debit card at once. Users have to remove the first one for adding a new debit card on Cash App. It is important to enter debit cards details correctly otherwise, you may face transaction failed issues on Cash App. There are some steps, which need to be completed to add a new debit card on Cash. These steps are as below:
- First, open your Cash App account on your phone.
- Visit the banking tab of the account.
- Scroll down and locate the linked debit card.
- Remove the current debit card to add a new one.
- Now, add the new debit card details carefully.
- Card Number and CVV PIN and expiry date should be correct.
- Now, you have linked a new debit card, which is ready to use.
Note: Entering wrong details may lead to the Cash App transaction failed. Ensure the particulars of the debit card are correct.
How to change the phone number on Cash App?
You can change the Cash App phone number very easily as the cash App account can be linked with various phone numbers. The users have to go through few steps to link a new mobile number with Cash App. Remember, the phone number, you are linking to the Cash App account should be functional. To update the mobile number, you need to follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Open your Cash App on mobile.
- Visit the Cash App profile section.
- Now, locate the ‘Personal’ tab and click on the same.
- Remove the old phone number from the account.
- Now, click on Add Phone and enter your new mobile number and save the same.
- Confirm the changes and save details.
- Your new phone number is now linked to your Cash App account.
How do I change e-mail address on Cash App?
The e-mail address can also be changed as per the same method as explained above for changing the phone number on Cash. You need to visit the personal tab on the Cash App account. Instead of removing the phone number, this time you should remove the e-mail address. After changing the e-mail address, save the change and proceed.
Note: After changing the phone number or e-mail address, Cash App may ask you to furnish more information to ascertain the identity on the Cash App. You have to follow the instructions.
Similarly, the user can change the other information also such as mailing address, direct deposit routing number, and $Cashtag, etc. Users have to follow step by step process to modify things.
How do I change the account type on Cash App?
The users can change the account type from Personal to Business or Business to personal as per the following information:
- Go to your Cash App account tab.
- Tap on the ‘Personal’ tab and proceed.
- Now, click on the ‘Change Account Type’ link.
- Here you can change your account type from Business to Personal or vice versa.
- Confirm your action by touch ID or PIN.
Here we can conclude that every information whether it is phone number, e-mail address, bank account & debit card and account type, etc. can be changed on Cash App. There is a specific procedure to change these details on Cash App. Users need to follow the correct steps to modify the account details. If you find any problem, you can contact Cash App Help Centre for assistance.