Cash App is popularly known for instant online money transfers. But very few users know that Cash App allows users to send Bitcoin within a couple of seconds and withdraw it to a non-custodial wallet for which you control the private keys. Crypto is the digital asset of this era, and Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency.
There are many options when it comes to buying Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency. These include full-featured exchanges and apps like this one. You must make the right choice. There are some pros and cons to using Cash App for Bitcoin buying.
This article will show you how to send Bitcoin with Cash App, then transfer it into a non-custodial account that you own. Cash App has full control over the Bitcoin and money you have on it. Your Bitcoin can be seized or suspended if it is left on the Cash App. You must have completed registration and initial setup for this guide. To load dollars for your Bitcoin purchase, you will need to have linked your bank account with your Cash App account.
How to buy Bitcoin using the Cash App?
You need to take these steps for buying bitcoin on Cash App:
- Open Cash app. Tap on the “Rising curve” icon or the “Investing” section at the bottom. There will be two options: “Buying stocks” or “Bitcoin”.
- To see your Bitcoin holdings, tap on Bitcoin at the top.
- Click the “Buy” button to choose the amount you wish to buy.
- However, tap the “Three dots” in the lower right corner to purchase a custom amount.
- Enter the amount that you wish to purchase and press next.
- The confirmation screen will display all details about the transaction, including the source of funding, the amount of Bitcoin purchased, the exchange rate and fees, and other pertinent information.
- Tap “Confirm” if the transaction is valid.
How to send Bitcoin to Cash App?
In just a few steps, a person can send Bitcoin using Cash App. Follow these steps to withdraw Bitcoin from Cash App or transfer it to another account.
- Open Cash App, and then tap the Banking tab from your Cash App home screen.
- Choose Bitcoin
- You can withdraw Bitcoin by pressing the “Send” button.
- To enter a manually entered QR code address, scan it or press Use Wallet to enter it.
- Confirm your Touch ID or PIN with the Touch ID
- To withdraw or send bitcoin, a user must have at least $0.001 in bitcoin. One can withdraw as much as $2,000 per 24 hours and as high a $5,000 in seven days. Bitcoin transfers to an external wallet can take up to 30-40 minutes, sometimes even longer.
It is very easy to send and buy bitcoin with Cash App. Cash App is a great app that I use to buy my Bitcoins. You will not find any app that is better or faster to buy Bitcoin. However, if you face any issues, you need to reach out to the cash app customer service team to fix them.